Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Spinach Mushroom Stuffed Chicken

Okay, so I'm supposed to be studying and doing homework that is due tomorrow, but I am so excited about this dish that I had to post it first.  Priorities.  This is one of those dishes that doesn't taste healthy, but is :-) I love those kind of recipes, don't you? I served this with Warm Tomato Kale Salad and they were both divine.

I keep the crust, minus the seasonings, and the cashew cream premade.  This way they're always on hand when I need them, which is quite often, and I can just spice them up according to the particular dish at hand.  

Ingredients:
Crust:
- 3 oz. Raw Walnuts
- 2-3 T Flax Seed
- Italian Seasoning
- Himalayan salt

Directions:
- Pulse ingredients in food processor until a breadcrumb-like texture is achieved (put in refrigerator until ready to use)

Stuffing:
- 4 oz. Raw Cashews (soaked for at least 3 hours)
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- Water
- 1 small package button mushrooms
- 2 green onions (diced)
- 5 c of spinach (chopped)
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 4-4oz skinless boneless chicken breasts
Directions:
- Preheat oven to 350
- Place soaked cashews in food processor with lemon juice and 1/4 c water and pulse until smooth and creamy.  Add more water a little at a time until desired consistency is achieved (you don't want it to run out of the chicken)
- Place mushrooms, green onions, and garlic in food processor with cashew cream and pulse until a coarse paste is formed

- Pound chicken as thin as possible without tearing
- Spread mixture on chicken, roll, and secure with toothpicks
- Spray pan with Pam and place chicken seam side down (Note: my sister was studying so I spared her the noise of me pounding the chicken and just cut out a pocket and stuffed that.  If you do go this route, place seam side up so your filling doesn't seep out)
- Coat top and sides with "breadcrumb" mixture

- Bake for 20-30 min, Let stand for 5 min then Enjoy



I served this with my Warm Tomato Kale Salad

No comments:

Post a Comment