Sunday, September 16, 2012

Beef Stroganoff


Yesterday was my 3 year old niece's birthday party and man was it tempting to dig into that pizza and those cupcakes.  I had to keep reminding myself how much I would hate myself in the morning if I caved :-) Seeing all that cheesy goodness made me realize...I miss cheesy goodness.  I can say no to sweets, but bread and cheese are my weaknesses.  I knew, after smelling that pizza, I would have to find some way to get creative and satisfy my carb and cheese craving, and quick!
I pulled out my spiralizer and churned out some zucchini noodles, soaked my cashews, and came up with a dish that made me think..."I could do this forever!" 
I know it doesn't look very appealing, but man oh man was it DELICIOUS! I mean it was comment-after-every-bite-we-took good!!

Ingredients:
Cashew Cream:
- 6 oz raw cashews (soak in cold water for 3 hours)
- 1 cup of water

Pasta:
- 3 large Zucchini
- Lean grassfed ground beef
- Mushrooms (sliced)
- Onion (sliced into strips)
- Worcestershire sauce (4 dashes)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- Himalayan sea salt and pepper (to taste)
- 1 T. Mrs Dash Garlic and Herb 

Directions:
- You can make cashew cream in advance and store in the refrigerator for up to 7 days.  Just place soaked nuts in blender with about 4 T of the water and blend adding more water until a sour cream-like consistency is acheived
- Peel your zucchini and spiralize.  Or, if you don't have a spiralizer, use your vegetable peeler to make fettuccine-type noodles 
- Heat a skillet over medium high heat.  Spray with pam and add meat, brown
- Toss in your worchestershire, garlic, salt, pepper, and Mrs. Dash
- Add onions and mushrooms and sautee until you begin seeing some nice crisp brown bits
- Divide zucchini among plates
- Top with Beef, mushroom, onion mixture and cashew cream.
- Stir well to coat everything in cashew cream
- Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment