Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Buffalo Chicken Pita

I was craving chicken wings for lunch today, but 10 wings at Taco Mac are 876 Calories!!! Crazy! Beings that A) I don't live near a Taco Mac,  B) My calorie limit for the day is 1000,   and C) I knew I could not sustain myself on 10 wings for the entire day...I looked in the freezer and pulled out my go to "fried chicken" (aka Morningstar Farms Chick Patties).  I LOVE these! Anytime I am craving fried chicken I grab one of these babies.  I love them on a lite bun with lite mayo and lettuce (tastes just like a Burger King chicken sandwich), turned into a quick chicken cordon bleu, chicken parmigiana, cut up and thrown in a salad, or, in today's case, cut up and thrown into a toasted pita.
Ingredients:
- 1/2 Whole Wheat Pita
- 1 Morningstar Farms Chik Patty
- Franks Red hot sauce (or other buffalo-type hot sauce)
- 1 T. Yogurt-Based Blue Cheese Dressing
- Iceberg Lettuce
- Cucumber
- Optional: 1 wedge Laughing Cow Blue Cheese (add 35 cal)

Directions:
Cut lettuce into bite-sized pieces
Dice cucumber
Toss lettuce and cucumber with dressing
Heat Chick Patty in microwave according to package directions (1 min for 1, 2 min for 2), dice chicken into bite-size pieces and place in ziploc bag, throw in some Franks hot sauce and shake to coat
Cut the pita in half, spray with Pam, and toast in a skillet until a few dark spots appear and pita is pliable
If you want it super blue cheesy crumble some Laughing Cow Blue Cheese in there too
Stuff with salad and chicken and Enjoy

Calories: 250

No comments:

Post a Comment