Friday, August 10, 2012

Riced Cauliflower 2 Ways

Mexican Riced Cauliflower

After my great success with cauliflower pizza last night, I was left with a dilemma.  What do I do with all this leftover riced cauliflower.  I opened up the fridge, looked in the pantry, and assessed my ingredients options.  Being that I had made my Salmon con Mojo a couple nights prior, I had some leftover Mojo goodness.  I also had some leftover corn from the Cauliflower Crust Shrimp Pizza.  I also had a can of black beans in the pantry....so here's what I came up with.

Ingredients:
- 1 head cauliflower, riced*
- Mojo Sauce (1/2 the recipe should be plenty)
- Steamfresh frozen corn kernels (prepared according to package directions)
- 1 can black beans (rinsed and drained)

*To rice your cauliflower:
Take head of cauliflower and remove stems and leaves
Coarsely chop and throw into you food processor
Pulse until cauliflower resemble coarse grain (do not over-pulse as this will create a puree)
Place in a microwave safe container and microwave on high for 8 min.
Directions:
- Mix Mojo Sauce with riced cauliflower, beans, and corn

This will replace my rice dish anytime I make any Mexican dish! 

Servings: 
Calories: 


Fried Riced Cauliflower

Ingredients:
- 1/2 head cauliflower, riced according to instructions above
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2-3 T. low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 3 eggs, beaten
- Oil
- Optional: pork, chicken, or shrimp

Directions:
- In a wok, or large skillet, heat enough oil to barely cover the bottom of the pan.  Fry the minced garlic and the white part of the green onion for approx 1 min.  Add cauliflower and fry for approx 5 min stirring constantly.  Add soy sauce, garlic salt, green onion tops, and meat (if using) and stir until mixed.  Push this mixture to one side of pan.  Spray empty side with Pam, if needed, and fry the eggs until done.  Stir eggs into rice and remove from heat.

Servings: 3
Calories w/o meat: 155



No comments:

Post a Comment