Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Mini Cheesecakes

OMG! These are amazing! I was out perusing WalMart's grocery section with my mom today and decided to try 2 things I had never had before, but they sounded like they might go good together for a quick sweet snack.  Here they are...Quaker Vanilla Creme Brulee Rice Snacks and Laughing Cow's new Cinnamon Cream flavored cream cheese spread.
I got home from the store, cracked open the bag and a wedge of the cream cheese, slathered it on, took a bite and then....the skies opened up, I felt like I was floating, and the prospect of eating healthy became even more of a reality.  It tasted just like a little mini cheesecake.  Then I remembered I had some strawberries in the fridge...oh yeah...you know where I'm going with this.  Magic! I'm officially in love :-) The only thing I would have changed is putting a smaller piece of strawberry on to really showcase the amazing flavor of the rice cake and cream cheese...otherwise it will just taste like a crunchy strawberry

Note: You know when it's not quite strawberry season and your strawberries are hard and bitter.  If you cut up your strawberries and throw them in a tupperware with a couple packets of Truvia, your strawberries will become both juicy and sweet.  That is what I do 95% of the time when my strawberries are just not up to par.  I especially like doing it with this particular recipe because it makes them taste more like the strawberries used on traditional cheesecake strawberries (kind of syrupy and sweet) :-)

Calories for 6 rice snacks and one wedge of cheese: 100

No comments:

Post a Comment