Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Salmon con Mojo

I got this recipe from a friend and it looked too interesting to pass up.  You see, I hate salmon! There is only one place I will eat salmon (Stone Mountain, GA Metro Diner's Salmon Bella Tower) other than that, it is always too fishy for my tastes.  I know, I know salmon is SOOO... good for me.  That is why, once in a blue moon, I will get a wild hair up my butt and try it again in hopes that I will find it...my once a week, go to salmon recipe.  So...here it goes....

...OH MY GOSH! Everyone, including my salmon-hating self, loved this meal! I brushed the salmon with olive oil, kosher salt and pepper, then grilled it on high for 4 minutes a side, then topped it with the sauce recipe below. AMAZING! Not fishy at all! You don't even taste the banana so don't be scared of it.  It is just used as a thickening agent.

Ingredients:
- 1/2 c lime juice
- 1/2-1 c ripe banana
- 1/2 c olive oil
- 1 c cilantro
- 2 heads shallots
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1/2 c Worcestershire sauce
- 1 t kosher salt
- 1 1/2 t black pepper
- Salmon

Directions:
Combine all ingredients in a blender and puree until smooth.  Spoon on top of lightly grilled salmon.


No comments:

Post a Comment